This was technically my fourth Halloween being a part of the Lukaszewicz family and yet, somehow, I missed the memo on how awesome Halloween is at Mary Ellen's house. When Mary Ellen mentioned last week that we could come over on Wednesday if we wanted to see the kids in their costumes and, if we felt like it, go trick-or-treating...I thought it would be a rushed meeting in the breezeway and then the families would head out, the kids would tire early, and everyone would head home. Oh no.
The magnificent Mary Ellen opens her home to not only family but all of her neighborhood friends and makes a delicious display of fall food choices including an amazing pumpkin soup! The door is open to any and all with the house bustling full of so many little people in costumes and happily chatting adults - it couldn't help but warm your heart. I didn't get a ton of pictures. Between eating, laughing, chasing kids, and trick-or-treating...the camera was not the priority. But, here is a small collection as we got ready to head out and get some candy!!
 |
| Kelley and the girls made it over in costume and ready to go! |
 |
Mike and I tagged along for our last Trick-or-Treating without a little one of our own.
|
 |
| Ellen and James the Dinosaur...neither one could look cuter if they tried! |
 |
| A Happy Giraffe |
 |
| Our little caravan... |

| I
tried so hard to capture this...that is Henry in the orange dinosaur
costume and Juliette the giraffe holding hands as they went
trick-or-treating. Sigh. |
|
|
 |
| And, finally, one action shot of an actual Trick-or-Treating moment. |
We all headed back to Mary Ellen's house where the party continued. Kids displayed their booty and counted their candy and the adults caught up on wonderful conversation. It was such a great night.
Happy Halloween everybody!!
*LOVE*
ReplyDelete